If you want to check what version of Windows you have on your PC, then read the Techspirited article to find the exact steps to follow.
Wondering how you can check the version of Windows is working on your computer? Before you install a new software, it is essential to check this for compatibility issues. Support for Windows XP has ended. So you should download and run the Windows Upgrade Assistant to ensure if your computer meets the system requirements for Windows 8. It’s quite easy to understand. All you have to do is follow the steps provided in the tutorial, and upgrade your computer. So if your computer can run Windows 8, in most cases you can get the free update to Windows 8.1.
Would you like to write for us? Well, we’re looking for good writers who want to spread the word. Get in touch with us and we’ll talk…
Let’s Work Together!
Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1
- Move the mouse cursor to the bottom-right edge of the screen.
- Move the mouse pointer up and click Settings. Now click on Change PC settings.
- Under Windows, you can see the version and edition of Windows that is running on your computer.
- Along with this, under PC for System type, you can check if your computer is running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows.
Now to check whether your computer has Windows 8.1 Update or Windows RT 8.1 Update, you need to go to the Start screen. Next to your account picture, there should be a search button. If this is present, in the upper-right corner, then your computer is running Windows 8.1 Update or Windows RT Update.
Windows 8 or Windows RT
- Go to Start screen and type Computer.
- Either press and hold, or right-click Computer to open.
- Tap or click on Properties.
- Now check under Windows edition to see the version and edition of Windows that is running on your computer.
- Also, under System for System type, you can check if your computer is running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows.
Apart from this, the Start screen can also give you the information on which operating system it is.
- With your mouse, click on the Start button on the bottom-left corner.
- Type and enter Computer in the search box.
- Select Computer to open, and then click on Properties.
- To open Properties, you will have to right-click in the open space available.
- Go under Windows edition to see the version and edition of Windows that is running on your computer.
With these steps, you can easily find out which version and edition of Windows you have on your computer.
Get Updates Right to Your Inbox
Sign up to receive the latest and greatest articles from our site automatically each week (give or take)…right to your inbox.