- Uber Ride Pass is an Uber subscription that price protects your rides — meaning that weather, traffic, and other disruptions won’t affect the price of your Uber ride.
- Uber Ride Pass is only available in certain major U.S. cities, including Los Angeles, New York, Dallas, and more.
- An Uber Ride Pass subscription is $24.99 a month and works for UberX or UberPool rides in eligible cities.
- Here’s how to sign up for Uber Ride Pass on your iPhone or Android device.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Uber Ride Pass is a sort of subscription service for Uber.
In cities where Uber Ride Pass is available, it’s $24.99 a month, and all of your rides within that city are price protected, regardless of the time of day, weather, traffic, or any other circumstance.
This means that no matter how surged Uber prices are in your area, you will only ever see the standard, lower price.
This is similar to Uber Rewards, a loyalty program that can let you price protect one ride, on a designated route. So if you only ever take an Uber, say, to and from work, and nowhere else, you probably don’t need Uber Ride Pass.
But if you’re someone who takes Ubers a lot to many different places, Ride Pass is definitely something you should look into getting.
Uber is also partnered with JUMP, so you can enjoy the added benefit free JUMP bikes and scooters for up to 30 minutes a day, where available, with your Uber Ride Pass.
If you do decide that you want an Uber Ride Pass, you’ll have to sign up in the app. Here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $899.99 at Best Buy)
How to get Uber Ride Pass
1. Open the Uber app on your iPhone or Android.
2. Tap the three bars in a circle in the upper-left corner to open the menu.
Tap the three bars to open the side menu. Melanie Weir/Business Insider
3. Tap “Ride Pass.” If it isn’t showing up in your menu, it means that you’re not in a city where Ride Pass is offered.
Tap “Ride Pass.” Melanie Weir/Business Insider
4. Tap “GET A PASS.”
5. A screen will pop up giving you the details, terms, and conditions of Uber Ride Pass. Read them to your satisfaction, then, after making sure the credit card that the app pre-selects is the one you want to use to pay for the subscription, tap “BUY.”
Remember: The credit card that you use will be billed $24.99 a month until you choose to cancel the subscription. If you want to change what card is billed, simply tap “Switch” next to where it’s listed, and either pick a different one from your account, or add a new one.
Make sure your credit card is correct, then tap “BUY.” Melanie Weir/Business Insider
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to get Uber receipts emailed to you, or view past receipts in the mobile app
‘Does Uber take PayPal?’: How to link your PayPal account to your Uber app
How to change your Uber password, or reset the password if you’ve forgotten it
‘How far can an Uber take you?’: There isn’t a distance limit for Uber rides, but there is a time limit — here’s what you need to know
‘Does Uber take debit cards?’: How to add a debit card as a payment method on Uber